A tourniquet, at a minimum, is something that we all should carry. However, if you are going to practice successfully applying your tourniquet, you must use a dedicated practice tourniquet and not your "real world" one.
The SOF®TT-W has a true 1 ½” tourniquet strap providing a wider compression pattern than most standard tourniquets, or tourniquets with a 1” constricting band moving through a 1 ½” sleeve. This broader compression pattern allows for increased patient comfort and additional arterial compression. The tourniquet handle is machined from a single piece of high strength aluminum bar stock. The strength of the handle virtually eliminates the risk of product failure. It is then anodized to minimize the products signature in a tactical environment. It also features a quick-connect, snap-lock buckle design, allowing rapid re-routing of the band around trapped limbs without rethreading. Weight: 4.0 oz Dimensions: 4.5”Lx 2.0”W x 2.0”D
CAT (Gen 7) Trainer
No longer the last resort, the Gen 7 CAT is the most widely-fielded tourniquet in combat theatres. Quick, effective and easy to apply with one or both hands. Single-Use only. Length: 6.5" Width: 2.4" Weight: 2.7 oz. From the North American Rescue website: "The C-A-T® GEN 7 has a single routing buckle system that (1) allows for extremely fast application and effective slack removal (2) Simplified training with single protocol directions for all applications. The patented C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research.
C-A-T® Gen 7 Requirements Driven Enhancements:
Single Routing Buckle
- Faster application and effective slack removal resulting in decreased blood loss and fewer windlass turns to achieve arterial occlusion
- Simplified training with single protocol directions for all applications
- Increased diameter for enhanced strength
- Aggressive ribbing for improved grip
- Bilateral beveled entry for rapid windlass lock
- Bilateral buttress for added strength
- Sonic welded to clip for constant contact
- Color changed to Gray for tactical considerations (Black C-A-T Only)
- Reinforced, beveled contact bar maintains the plate's integrity and decreases skin pinching"