Direct Action Response Training - Anchorage, AK - 26-27 March, 2021
Fri/Sat 3/26-27, 2021. PRODUCT MAY READ "OCTOBER 2-3 2020" BECAUSE ORIGINAL CLASS WAS POSTPONED BUT REGISTRATION WILL BE VALID FOR MARCH 2021
Anchorage Airport Courtyard by Marriott
4901 Spenard Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99517
Training will be held in Classroom A. There will be signage directing students but the room is front and center to the hotel's entrance.
Students are encouraged to arrive via International Airport Rd, take a right on Spenard, and the next right is the Counrtyard.
TIME: 0830-1730 DAILY
The time to learn to use your personal trauma kit is not when you or someone else is bleeding out!!! When life expectancy is measured in seconds and help is minutes away, will you know what to do? In our uncertain lives, that is a question that we all need to be able to answer a resounding, “Yes!” to. Dark Angel Medical, LLC, is proud to offer training and instruction in the use of the D.A.R.K. The Direct Action Response Training** fills a niche between military self-aid/buddy care training and civilian EMS training and is geared towards those with little to no medical training or background. It provides the student with critical, need-to-know information, which can be utilized in a myriad of situations and stresses the ‘you don’t know what you don’t know’ principle as well as our own principle of “Simplicity Under Stress”. The course is 2 days in length with a total of 16 hours of classroom work to include slide presentations, videos, question and answer sessions and hands-on practical skills application. A manual and all training aids will be provided. A D.A.R.K. (Direct Action Response Kit) may also be provided to each student as part of the tuition.
The course covers the following:
- Physiological and Psychological reactions to environmental stress
- The importance of having the proper Combat Mindset
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology of life-sustaining systems
- H, A, B, C’s—Hemorrhage, Airway, Breathing and Circulation
- Breakdown and usage of Individual Med Kit components
- Proper stowage and employment of the IMK
- Hands-on application of the IMK
- Basic and Advanced Airway management -treating and monitoring tension pneumothorax, sucking chest wound and flail chest
- Airway adjunct device placement-Nasopharyngeal Airway
- Basic First Aid and Advanced wound care
- Application of Bandages and Hemostatic Agents
- Application of tourniquets
- Recognition and Treatment of various injuries (Gunshot, Laceration, Burn, Airway, Head, Orthopedic, Environmental)
- Recognition and treatment of hypovolemic (hemorrhagic) shock
- Moving and positioning victims with various injuries
- Response to active shooter situation
- Proper use of cover and cover vs. concealment
- Casualty recovery in an Active Shooter situation
- Mass casualty triage procedure
- Emergency Medical Dialect/Lingo (911 protocol, cooperation with LE, Fire and EMS and First Responders)
- Note pad and pen/pencil/Sharpie
- Individual First Aid Kit—If you choose to. All training materials are provided.
- An open mind
**Note: The Direct Action Response Training offers no formal certification. It is informational only.