Noteworthy Features of the SOF® Tourniquet:
1) Performance Compression Band
- Reinforced polyester webbing maximizes compression during the application process. At a true 1.5" width, the performance material glides through the Rugged Buckle for quick, snag-free operation and minimizes loss of pressure over time after application.
2) Slack Indicator Wedge
- Stitched into the Performance Compression Band below the windlass. The contrasting wedge offers a visual confirmation you have pulled all excess slack from the band. This is a critical step for proper tourniquet application and results in fewer windlass rotations required to reach occlusion.
3) Rugged Buckle
- Engineered to remove excess slack in a single fluid motion. The buckle's shape stabilizes the Performance Compression Band at any angle of engagement. The Rugged Buckle is an advanced, lightweight composite design with superior strength over previous versions.
4) High-strength Aluminum Windlass
- Machined from a single aircraft-grade aluminum bar stock, the 5.5” windlass features signature conical ends and grip-friendly texture for consistent torque. Its anodized finish minimizes impacts from environmental elements for durability in any scenario.
5) Tourniquet Retention Assistance Clip™ (TRAC)
- Conveniently holds the windlass in place until you can secure it into the Tri-Ring Lock™. The Trac provides steady handling during tough applications and enhances control for one-handed movements.
6) Tri-Ring Lock™
- Complete the tourniquet application by securing the windlass into the Tri-Ring Lock. It can easily be manipulated with just one hand and prevents the windlass from shifting during patient movement.
7) Time tag
- A tag for documenting the tourniquet application time.
The newest evolution of the SOF® Tourniquet (GEN 5) sets the benchmark for prehospital tourniquets. It has a true 1 ½” tourniquet strap providing a wider compression pattern than most standard tourniquets, or tourniquets with a 1” constricting band moving through a 1 ½” sleeve. This broader compression pattern allows for increased patient comfort and additional arterial compression. The tourniquet handle is machined from a single piece of high strength aluminum bar stock. The strength of the handle virtually eliminates the risk of product failure. It is then anodized to minimize the products signature in a tactical environment. Upgrades allow for smoother and faster one-handed and two-handed applications for the most effective bleeding control as well as a "pressure indicator wedge" stitched into the webbing to ensure a solid "first pull" to remove all the slack and facilitate a successful application.
Its innovative design comes from years of extensive research, material testing, and end-user feedback on and off the battlefield. It continues to evolve with your changing medical response needs when bleeding control is needed most. The SOF® Tourniquet easily slides over an arm or leg. It unclips at the buckle to fit around hard-to-reach areas, such as a trapped limb.
***BLUE SOF-T CAN BE FOUND IN THE "TRAINING TOURNIQUET" SECTION OF THE STORE***
Weight: 4.0 oz
Dimensions: 4.5”Lx 2.0”W x 2.0”D
SOF-T is my go to style of tourniquet and these are high quality.
I bought ten of these as Christmas gifts for my coworkers in our security department. Several of us are EMT s and EMR s and I couldn’t think of a better gift than the ability to possibly save a life.
Ordered, received my third TQ (SOFTT-W) to add to my great/kit - def a wise investment of a quality product. I now run four (one was gifted from a buddy) of these between my PC, belt and GHB setups. of course hoping they are never needed, but I have confidence in the product quality my abilities to use if necessary.
These are the only SoFTT-W TQs I trust with my life. Too many companies selling outdated or knock offs. Dark Angel is legit and the product is what you excpect.
Great easy to apply tourniquet packs small and the metal parts will never fail.. I bought 2 one for the truck first aid kit and one for the pack. Thanks for selling these quality products.
Got a couple of these for a belt mounted IFAK and the pack. Never used a really tourniquet before and was pretty amazed by how quickly, within a few rotations of the windlass, I was able to stop the distal pulse in my arms and legs. Will be buying more for the truck and wife's car. Also, didnt have to wait too long since DAM shipped it out immediately
Picked up 4 of these to add to my rigs from DAM because I know im getting the real thing vs counterfeits out there. Plus I get to support a business I believe in.
I love these things. Great shipping. Will buy more.
Looks great & packs small! I keep two on me at work and one when I'm not. I hope I never have to learn how well this works but I have full faith in it's abilities.
Luckily I have not yet had to use this. I purchased two of these as I am building "worst case" type medical kits. I hunt and fish, am around firearms quite a bit and axes, knives and other stuff around camp fires and have kids that are accidents looking to happen. But, I did purchase this vice the CAT as it was recommended by first response folks I've talked with and a friend recently arrived from Afghanistan and other war fighting scenarios. I like the width and quality of the product as I anticipate if utilized it will be simpler to use. I have practiced with it and it fulfills all the claims I've read about it. And obviously, delivery and support has been very positive. Five stars all around! Best Regards, Fil
I find this tourniquet great for applying to the leg or on another person, as the quick-release buckle makes that very easy to do. Overall i like it better than the CAT, but both are excellent options!