Noteworthy Features of the SOF® Tourniquet:
1) Performance Compression Band
- Reinforced polyester webbing maximizes compression during the application process. At a true 1.5" width, the performance material glides through the Rugged Buckle for quick, snag-free operation and minimizes loss of pressure over time after application.
2) Slack Indicator Wedge
- Stitched into the Performance Compression Band below the windlass. The contrasting wedge offers a visual confirmation you have pulled all excess slack from the band. This is a critical step for proper tourniquet application and results in fewer windlass rotations required to reach occlusion.
3) Rugged Buckle
- Engineered to remove excess slack in a single fluid motion. The buckle's shape stabilizes the Performance Compression Band at any angle of engagement. The Rugged Buckle is an advanced, lightweight composite design with superior strength over previous versions.
4) High-strength Aluminum Windlass
- Machined from a single aircraft-grade aluminum bar stock, the 5.5” windlass features signature conical ends and grip-friendly texture for consistent torque. Its anodized finish minimizes impacts from environmental elements for durability in any scenario.
5) Tourniquet Retention Assistance Clip™ (TRAC)
- Conveniently holds the windlass in place until you can secure it into the Tri-Ring Lock™. The Trac provides steady handling during tough applications and enhances control for one-handed movements.
6) Tri-Ring Lock™
- Complete the tourniquet application by securing the windlass into the Tri-Ring Lock. It can easily be manipulated with just one hand and prevents the windlass from shifting during patient movement.
7) Time tag
- A tag for documenting the tourniquet application time.
The newest evolution of the SOF® Tourniquet (GEN 5) sets the benchmark for prehospital tourniquets. It has a true 1 ½” tourniquet strap providing a wider compression pattern than most standard tourniquets, or tourniquets with a 1” constricting band moving through a 1 ½” sleeve. This broader compression pattern allows for increased patient comfort and additional arterial compression. The tourniquet handle is machined from a single piece of high strength aluminum bar stock. The strength of the handle virtually eliminates the risk of product failure. It is then anodized to minimize the products signature in a tactical environment. Upgrades allow for smoother and faster one-handed and two-handed applications for the most effective bleeding control as well as a "pressure indicator wedge" stitched into the webbing to ensure a solid "first pull" to remove all the slack and facilitate a successful application.
Its innovative design comes from years of extensive research, material testing, and end-user feedback on and off the battlefield. It continues to evolve with your changing medical response needs when bleeding control is needed most. The SOF® Tourniquet easily slides over an arm or leg. It unclips at the buckle to fit around hard-to-reach areas, such as a trapped limb.
***BLUE SOF-T CAN BE FOUND IN THE "TRAINING TOURNIQUET" SECTION OF THE STORE***
Weight: 4.0 oz
Dimensions: 4.5”Lx 2.0”W x 2.0”D
Very simple and easy to apply!!
I run two of these in my kit every day on shift. One on person, one on plate carrier. I have practiced with them and also applied under stress, easy to use, simple to deploy. Highly recommend this product. If you don't carry a tourney on shift, you're plain wrong.
I'm convinced these are are TQ I'd bet my life and someone else's life on. After taking several emergency med classes, IMO they are the apex of current TQ design. Buying several more.